Exclamation Uploading 8GB a day!!! HELP

I run 4 macs at home, 2 for office use and 2 for the kids

something is pulling up to 8GB a day through our broadband connection. UPLOADING!

I live in NZ, so we don't have unlimited usage (its costing a fortune)

Have replaced modem and changed wireless password

Have turned off the modem at night and that stops it, so coming from one of my machines (have ran Iantivirus on all)

Can anyone help? PLEASE

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    G'day and welcome to the forums.

Perhaps the problem is your AV software. It may be downloading Windows virus definitions on an ongoing basis. Whilst there are no Mac OS X viruses, you might like to try ClamXAV which is freeware. Disable your AV and see what happens.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thanks will give that a go

Near Whitehorse, Yukon
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    May I suggest installing the Rubbernet trial on all Macs? Rubbernet - Your Mac's new best friend
    You need to keep the application open all day to catch the traffic but it'll work and show you what is doing what.

To uninstall the demon, use the uninstall button in the preferences. Then you can delete the app like any other.
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Reading, UK
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Id check to make sure your kids aren't torrenting anything before doing anything else. That will make uploads shoot up.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    I agree with Rob. Check all the machines and see. Kids often do a lot of tormenting and try to hide it from their parents.

If there is for sure no Torrent activity going on then try McYukons suggestion.

Also are their any PC's on the network? Any Gaming systems?

iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
    if this is uploading, its a **** of a lot, could only be gaming I would think. If it is downloading, then kids must be on you tube round the clock
    Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    I agree that torrenting is the most likely cause here too.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Thread Information