New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Network Specific Sharing Options

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TodoRojo

TodoRojo is on a distinguished road

Hello all! I'm new to the forums and I have come to see what you may have for me. I have searched a little around and couldn't find the answer to what I'm looking to do, so here is my question:

I share all of my files over my network at home because we have 7 computers at home (brother is a web-designer and family is mainly designers). I am also attending a close-by university and I don't want my files to be on the network when I'm at the University so; is there a way to change my network sharing settings depending on the network that I am connected to? Can I have my files shared on my home network and then hidden automatically when I connect at school?

Thank you so much!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Sorry,...nope

You need to disable sharing or use a firewall to stop it and start it. Manual process.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Network accounts using NTLM authentication | Log On To Correct Network »