New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Having internet problems need help.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cheffner

cheffner is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum website and I joined today because I have a problem with my wireless internet on my computer. I have a Macbook Pro with Mac OS X Version 10.7.2 on it. I recently did a software update and please forgive me if this post is in the wrong section. My problem is, is when I turn the laptop on I have internet fully functioning no problems. Then when I close it, and come back to it say 5 minutes later or even just after it goes to sleep, I will try to open up firefox and a window wont even show up, it just asks if i want to report the problem to apple. If I try to open up Safari the window will come up and it will just say not connected to a network which I clearly am because I tried logging on and off with the wifi password etc and still nothing. The only way that I have corrected this problem is to restart the entire computer. (which gets a tad frustrating having to do it all the time) Please help me out guys because I start school soon and need this fixed before then. Thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

How about some more information? Are you using a router and or modem? What kind of encryption are you using?

Also, test your connection by first attaching your MacBook Pro via ethernet to see how it behaves that way.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Net booting from a Superduper sparse bundle | NAS Recommendations »