New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Problems connecting to network in college on ibook G4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

Anyone know anything about problems you may have trying to connect an iBook G4 running OS X panther to a network run using a 3com router?

The network uses MAC filtering and my account is set up, I have given in my MAC address etc. and it has been actvated but....

The iBook can not even see the network. I know there is wireless there because I tried it where there was alot of other laptops.

If I dont get it sorted out soon I'm considering throwing my iBook on ebay and buying a Windows laptop.... I have no choice.

All help appreciated

Thanks in advance

neye:
QUOTE Thanks
Axxis22

Go to ur tech department...

im sure there on some kind network that needs the settings changed.. look it up on ur schools site or ask..

I hacked my g/fs network easily. so its really not that hard.
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

mig.gentry will become famous soon enough

This may be a dumb question but is the wireless card installed properly. When i got mine it needed to be pushed in a little further before it would work.

Check if you can connect to other networks as well, is the prob confined to the college network, or is your airport card not working

Could be a simple fix...
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

I can connect to any network except the college one.

The TECH department doesnt want to know at all!

.... Im running panther. I have all the updates but I wonder would upgrading to Tiger solve my problems???
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

If your iBook has an AP extreem card, make sure it is set for 802.11 B and G compatability....

QUOTE Thanks
iRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
If your iBook has an AP extreem card, make sure it is set for 802.11 B and G compatability....

How do I do that??? I haven't got a clue!

Thanks

Shane
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setup software for Graphite Base Station | Security! »