How to use MacBook Pro in Mexico
    We will be traveling to MX in March and want to take our MBPro with us. To use in the room we need an ethernet cable - do we also need an adaptor and if so, where can we get one?

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Macbook Pros have an Ethernet port.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Exclamation
    You are right - we have the air port and so have never used the ethernet - didn't even realize it was there. Feel dumb - thanks so much!

ethernet cable
    What's the difference between a cat.5 and cat.6 cable?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Quote Originally Posted by tsewall View Post
    What's the difference between a cat.5 and cat.6 cable?
    See the following LINK for a detailed explanation. (Don't worry about Cat 6, all you need is a normal Cat 5 ethernet cable long enough to reach your MBP)

Won't your resort have Wifi??

From what I have read, there is wi-fi in the public areas, but we'll need an ethernet cable to access internet in our room.

What part of Mx are you going to? We're going in Feb to Riviera Maya, went there last year and already know there is wifi throughout the whole resort, including the rooms and even the beach!

We're going to the Valentin Imperial Maya resort - their FB page forum indicates that the wifi is only in some public areas - don't want to take my MBP to the beach anyway

I'm taking my MBP on vacation too......but you're right - not to the beach! Have you researched the resort on Trip Advisor? Fabulous site with lots of info. Have a great time!

Would never plan a trip w/o Trip Advisor! Have to weigh all posts, but so much incredible first-hand information - you are so right! Thanks for your input.

We are going to Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an for the second year in a row. It's not on the beach, but is AWESOME!!! Fabulous food - seriously great! It's part of the Bahia Principe Coba/Tulum/Akumal complex, and Sian Ka'an people have access to all the restaurants throughout the whole place, but are entitled to all sorts of extra perks like being able to resesrve all restaurants in advance (our reservations are already made). The people from the other resorts do NOT have access to the fabulous restaurants over on the Sian Ka'an side, so they never get too crowded. The rooms are very large and very Zen in feel - lovely. They have trams that come by very frequently to take you where ever you want to go. Plus Sian Ka'an people have their own private beach with private bar and snack bar, and as I said, they even have wifi on the beach.......if you have an internet enabled phone, you can check your emails while you're there!! You might want to look into this if you plan on going back! Have a great time!

Thread Information