New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Extreme Apple Care

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bundy

Bundy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.

I bought my iMac in November and shortly after got the Apple Care Protection Plan for it. I have it all set up and covered.

Today I just bought an Airport Extreme and I thought I remembered reading that it would be covered by that same iMac Apple Care Plan should anything go wrong with it.

Does anyone know if this is true or if I was just smoking something funny that day?

Thanks for any input.

A humble but excited Mac Novice
QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 2.7 GHz i5, 4 GB RAM, OS X Mavericks, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch Gen 3, Apple TV Gen 2.

After several hours on Google it would appear that my AirPort Extreme is covered under my iMac Apple Care Protection Plan. So I answered my own question if what I read isn't a bunch of bologna. :-)

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Where did you read that? If you can provide a link I'd like to look at that because I don't believe it's true. Apple care has traditionally been limited to the device it was purchased for, not peripherals such as the Airport Extreme or the Apple Cinema Display. Those are normally covered under a separate Apple care purchase per item.
QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

Maybe I read it wrong but on this page under the heading "Apple Hardware Coverage" it lists the AirPort Extreme.

Apple (Canada) - Support - AppleCare - Mac and Apple Display

Also, on the back of the ACPP box I received it also mentions "Time Capsule or AirPort device" for hardware coverage.

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

It certainly does seem to read as that. I suspect it may be dependant on whether it was purchased as part of a package with the main computer, but nevertheless, it seems it's covered.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I agree with Kevriano. It does look like it's covered if purchased as part of a package. However, never assume anything... give Apple Canada a call and ask.
QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

Probably a good idea to call them just to be sure.

I don't know if you read the fine print below but here's what it says:

The AirPort device or Time Capsule must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.

So if I read that right, I should be covered because I purchased it during the term of my AppleCare Plan.

Sounds logical to me but on rare occasions I'm not the crispiest chip in the bag. :-)

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

That's quite an extraordinary warranty in that case then. They must be pretty sure that they will have few go wrong.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Bundy

That's my hope. I would much rather have nothing go wrong than have to rely on the extended warranty. :-)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trendnet TU2-ET100 | Flash Player problem after wrong download »