New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airprint/Wireless printing problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CafeRacer

CafeRacer is on a distinguished road

Hello, wondering if someone can help me out, I have a HP Office 8600 that has airprint support but I am encountering various problems:

1. My MBP does not pick up the printer via wireless, and if it does it appears offline.

2. Prints fine if I select the printer as a device.

3. Ipad and iphone does not print if I am on wireless network, I need to get out of it and select the printers wireless address and it prints fine via airprint.

My printer allows me to connect it to our netgear wireless router, upgraded the router firmware to the lastest, but I just cannot get it to work, not even HP tech support was able to me.

Or does Airprint only works if you select the printer or is it supposed to work via the wireless router?
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

AirPrint requires multicasting, which can only occur on the same subnet. There are ways to address the subnet issue like using AeroHive devices, but most likely you are a single subnet anyway.

Is multicasting an option in your Netgear web interface?

The printer and the iOS devices should have the same IP scope e.g. 192.168.1.x
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX Lion Accessing WHS 2011 Shares (slow) | lack of router manual »