New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MBP 2011: Windows bootcamp internet not connecting??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jgraeff

jgraeff is on a distinguished road

Ok so i have a new macbook pro.

I have had windows 7 installed since i got the computer but rarely use it.

I needed to install something the other day on that partition and it requires internet to register it for it to work. I noticed that it won't connect to the router.

Its connected with limited availability. Mean it takes the password but will not allow me online. also cannot ping the router.

Under ipconfig/ all i get everything except a subnetmask and default gateway( router).

However it works perfectly on OSX. No problems what so ever. Not sure what could be causing this. I have not performed any updates, or updated drivers since the last time it worked. Also it was not working before the install of the new application.

any ideas??
QUOTE Thanks
jgraeff

jgraeff is on a distinguished road

I got it to work with a static IP any ideas why DHCP is not working correctly??

Is it me or does this forum not get as many replies as some others do?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I moved your posts to the correct forum (here) where you have a better chance of receiving some helpful replies.

Make sure you have installed all the proper drivers for Windows 7. Your new MacBook Pro can only run Windows 7 and you should have been instructed by the Boot Camp assistant to download a driver disk image from Apple. Did you do that? Without proper drivers, you may be missing other things from Windows 7. Open your hardware tree from Control Panel System and check.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« printing wireless, please help! | Need help To Configure Wireless adapter in macbook »