New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Time Capsule and Ipad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kwaltersmi

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road

I'm currently using an Ipad2 for word processing, photo editing, web surfing and blogging. I have a cheap Acer netbook (Windows XP) that I use with an external harddrive for file storage (pics, movies, music).

Would a Time Capsule allow me to ditch the netbook and external harddrive and simply use the TC for storage and Ipad for accessing/editing the files? I'm just unsure about how the Ipad and TC interface and work together. For example, will the TC allow me to view/edit photos on the iPad and keep them stored on the TC? Ditto with music? Do I need a Mac/PC to make all this work or can I do without?

The other alternative I'm considering is the purchase of a used MacBook to take the place of the netbook, but I'd prefer to keep it simple if I can get by with just an Ipad and Time Capsule.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

I don't believe you can just have the iPad and TC hooked up without something in between, you might find applications that might allow you to somehow stream music from the TC..but to use the TC as an external storage directly on the iPad is not going to work. You will need a PC or Mac available..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unexplained slow downloads | printing wireless, please help! »