New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

airport extreme flashing amber then green

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

johnfire1941

johnfire1941 is on a distinguished road

In the last few days, every morning I find that I have no internet connection upon opening my McBook pro (even though there is a solid green light) and have to pull the power plug and reset the airport extreme. Then I have to reenter my password to get the connection and my airport network to start up. Things seem to be deteriorating as my connection is very slow and the airport extreme is constantly flashing amber then green. I have a hughes network satiiite dish and everything has been working fine until the past week. The diagnostics on the satilite show good signal etc.
Any ideas of what to do? I am about to buy another airport extreme as I feel this one is defective?
John H.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

It could be the power supply going bad.

Depending on how old your current AEBS is you will love the improvements in the new ones.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Presumably the Extreme is your main wi-fi router? The flashing amber usually means an unsecure network, or the inability to connect to one.
Try some of the tips in this topic before buying a new one:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New and internet problems | iMac & Win7 File Sharing »