Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Ethernet splitting question....
    Merry Christmas people.
    A quick question for you.
    I was wondering if something I want to try will work (pretty sure it will, but some confirmation will be nice).

I currently have my media player connected to my Wi-Fi via the Ethernet port on my Airport Express, but I have just received a nice Blu Ray disc which has some extra features that I'd like to try out, but require my Blu Ray player to be connected to the net via Ethernet too.
    Can I use a hub or splitter connected to the Airport Express and connect both?
    As I see it, this will work provided only one of the connected devices is switched on at any one time (not an issue).
    Cheers my friends.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I have never tried that with an Airport Express but I would think an Ethernet Switch would work.

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Thanks Dennis.
    I kind of thought that it should work. I have ordered a switch (bargain price too), so will report back. More cables!

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
    Provided the Airport is not routing. If the Airport is not directly connected to the modem you should be fine.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MacsWork View Post
    Provided the Airport is not routing. If the Airport is not directly connected to the modem you should be fine.
    No it's not at all. Wi-fi only. Thanks for responding.

Specs:
    Ok, a little update for you.
    I got myself an Ethernet switch (7 Amazon, bargain!), and have connected it to my Airport Express, and in turn connected the Netgear Media player and the Blu Ray player to it.
    Switched on the Blu Ray player, and instantly get a software update (something it's never done having never been conected before), so all is well, and if I ever get a network connectable TV I am sorted for connections in the future.
    Thanks for the suggestions anbout the switch. Now to explore the wonders of pocketBlu on the iPod, as the new disc I have supports it.

Thread Information