New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

ISP keeps on failing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dmcons

dmcons is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrunner View Post
I am having a problem staying connected to the internet. It seems to have happened every since I upgraded to Snow Leopard. I can connect fine if I plug in the ethernet cord directly and will stay connected. That is not the case wirelessly though. I can't seem to stay on the internet for more than 10 minutes before it stops working and I have to go through network diagnostics to get it to connect again, where it tells me my ISP is failing every time. It seems to only be my computer as well. Everyone else's computer in my house seems to work fine and consistently on the wi-fi. Anybody have any suggestions for how I can fix this?

i also have the same problem of ISP failing every now and then.it gets solved by going to network diagnostics and then click to assist option but it is very annoying every time.can any body help me how to fix it permanently.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

I've moved your post from the 2 year old thread you attached it to and created a dedicated thread to your question.
QUOTE Thanks
davidjohnston

davidjohnston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
I've moved your post from the 2 year old thread you attached it to and created a dedicated thread to your question.
I have this same problem. Have searched for the new (ish) thread and can't find it. Any help on this issue? ISP say no reported problems in this area and mine is the only computer in the house with the problem. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
pendlewitch

pendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of lightpendlewitch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iMac 27" Mid 2010, 3.2GHz Intel Core i3,4GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD5670 512MB, Mavericks 10.9.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjohnston View Post
I have this same problem. Have searched for the new (ish) thread and can't find it. Any help on this issue? ISP say no reported problems in this area and mine is the only computer in the house with the problem. Thanks
Are you on Snow Leopard as well ? There were some connectivity issues with 10.6. which were supposed to have been fixed with 10.6.3. In some instances the problems persisted.

iMac 27-inch Mid 2010, WD My Book 1TB Firewire,WD My Passport Air 500GB, Magic Mouse,Magic Trackpad,
iPhone 5C, iPod Nano 4GB 3rd Gen,ATV2, Samsung LE40 Series 6, Denon AVR1910, Kef HTS 1001.2s and Kube-1 Sub
Denon DCD510AE, Panasonic DMP-BD60,Sky+HD,Logitech Harmony One Advanced. MOTM October 2012.
QUOTE Thanks
rhazen

rhazen is on a distinguished road

I have snow leopard (not sure how to find which version) and I am having the same internet connectivity problem. How can I fix this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
Skate108

Skate108 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcons View Post
i also have the same problem of ISP failing every now and then.it gets solved by going to network diagnostics and then click to assist option but it is very annoying every time.can any body help me how to fix it permanently.
Hi, I was just wondering if you ever managed to solve this problem as I am having exactly the same issue and can't seem to find help anywhere? It is driving me insane, sometimes dropping every 2 or 3 minutes! Did you have any luck?

Regards
Kate
QUOTE Thanks
leegee123

leegee123 is on a distinguished road

I also am having that problem. My PC doesn't show any signs of it. I have to shutdown my Mac Pro- let stand for a while and then go back in. Sometimes going to internet connections doesn't help at all it just gets hung up and I have to restart. Very Very annoying and has only been happening the last few months. I was wondering if it's the router but then it should be happening on the PC too.
QUOTE Thanks
kipahigan

kipahigan is on a distinguished road

Same problem on iMac 24inch. Good on newer macbook and other pc's. New to this forum...where do we get answers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Setting Up A Safe Family Network | Xvids from PC server to MBP? What software? »