New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Problems with AirPort

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chris_100

Chris_100 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I keep having trouble with my MBP disconnecting from my home internet connection via Airport.

The problem occurs a couple of times a day and results in my internet connection being down from anything between 5 minutes and 30 minutes. The internet connection icon at the top of my screen will start moving as if it is searching for an available network. The problem is I know there isn't a problem with my connection as I can still connect and use it on my iPhone and iPod. Sometimes the icon shows full bars as if connected to a network, but when I open my browser it won't load a webpage.

If I try to reconnect to the network it will often say Timeout Connection or just not allow me to connect at all. I usually have to wait and keep reseting my mac and router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
QUOTE Thanks
Worried Woman

Worried Woman is on a distinguished road

Hello Chris, Your problem sound similar to mine, which I posted at 3:41 on 12.12.11. The problem seems to show on the page where I can "Edit Locations" on my Airport settings between Automatic and macbook, but I have not received any advice on how to remove the Network addresses that appear in the dropdown menu of networks on that page. Despite clearing and restarting I notice macforums is not showing any threads since 12th (today is 14th) and I seem to be the only person looking at the threads. Have you had more help than me?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with Airport Extreme signal range/strength | wifi signal strength? »