I'm trying to "Add a Printer" .....
    I have an Intel iMac using VMware Fusion & Windows XP, SP 2. I have a Canon MX870 printer operating on Wireless network. The Mac side works but the Windows side quit working and I can't seem to get it back.

I'm trying to "Add a Printer" in Control Panel on Windows side by keying in an IP address for the printer.

Where would I get this IP address from?

Thanks for help.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Not familiar with that specific Canon model but others I have used store the IP in with other settings. On the 990 it is in Settings>LAN Settings>Wireless or something along that line. It might also be in yourrouter's DHCP client list.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    I have an Intel iMac using VMware Fusion & Windows XP, SP 2. I have a Canon MX870 printer operating on Wireless network. The Mac side works but the Windows side quit working and I can't seem to get it back.
    What has changed on the Windows side? When running from within Fusion (virtual machine) it uses your OS X settings for wireless and printing. You can not setup a printer or other device the same as you would if you were running Windows stand alone.

Did you make a backup of your XP virtual machine? Fusion has an option to do that.... if you did make a backup (snapshot) just revert back to when it was working. Otherwise, try setting up the virtual machine for XP once more.

Thread Information