New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Extreme won't print

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

captenaj

captenaj is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I just got an Airport Extreme base station and it works great for getting my MBP and my iMac on the internet. I plugged in my printer into a USB port on the back of the Extreme and tried to print something on my iMac. Although my computer found the printer (via Bonjour) right away, I had to DL a driver. Once I did that, I was able to select the printer in the list. I rebooted the computer. Now when I try to print, it seems that nothing happens but when I look at the list of print jobs, what I tried to print says "Completed." And this happens in a split second. The printer doesn't make any noise like it's trying to print.

I am able to print from my MBP wirelessly without a problem.

I'm not sure what Bonjour is but is my computer connecting OK to my printer? How can I get something to print? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Here is a little bit of information on bonjour. The first thing you may want to try is to disconnect the printer from the AEBS and see if it comes back once you plug back in. If that fails I would remove the printer and let the machine rediscover it again to add the printer.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
captenaj

Thanks for the response. Still not working. I plugged the printer directly into the computer and it prints fine. I plugged it back into the AEBS, reset the printing system (in System Pref> Print & Fax, control-click on the printer list and select Reset Printing System). Still the same problem. No errors, no nothing. Just says the printing job completed right away and nothing gets printed.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

When you open Airport Utility and under printers does yours show up ?
QUOTE Thanks
captenaj

When I open Airport Utility, the printer does not show up in the list on the left. When I click on the AirPort on the left, then click Manual Setup, then on the printer icon on top, my printer is listed under "This pane shows USB printers connect to your Apply wireless device." The box next to "Share printers over Ethernet WAN port" is not checked. (I'm not using that port so I'm guessing that it doesn't have to be checked.)

The iMac is running 10.5.8.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme | iPad 2 wifi issues. »