Another "You are not connected to the internet" issue...
    Good day to all of you,

I had to switch the power in my house off yesterday to install some new lights. Before I did so, my internet connection worked fine. When I turned the power back on, and so did my router, I couldn't get any interaction with my internet at home anymore. Here's some specifics about my problem:

- My router shows that it is sending out for Wi-Fi and that it has internet connection;
    - My Macbook and iPhone both show a perfectly fine connection to the Wi-Fi (3 or 4 bars all the time);
    - Safari tells me "You are not connected to the internet" and applications like Spotify and iTunes can't get any connection eiter. My phone doesn't connect either;
    - System Preferences>Network shows that Airport is connected and that I'm connected to my home router;
    - System Preferences>Network>Advanced>TCP/IP says:
    --- Configure IPv4: Using DHCP
    --- IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.34
    --- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    --- Router: 192.168.1.254
    --- DCHP Client ID shows an empty field;
    - System Preferences>Network>Advanced>DNS shows three grey IP addresses:
    --- 195.241.77.58;
    - I've already tried rebooting, resetting my browser, turning Airport off and back on, deleting my Location in Airport and creating a new one;
    - I'm running a normal Macbook with OS X 10.5.8 and have an iPhone 4 running the latest update on iOS 5. I have a Dutch Telfort internet connection.

I hope that I'm clear on my issue, have given all the info I can think of! i'm a home worker so it's very important to me that I get my connection running again as soon as possible...

Also, this has happened to me before and I am pretty sure that the issue is located in my Macbook, as it wouldn't work on the wireless network at a friends home as well. After googling my problem for a while I found the sollution on a certain forum, though I can't remember where and what it was that I did... So note to self: write it down next time!

I'd be delighted to get some help on the issue,

Thank you all in advance,

Diederik Geertsema

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Is there a modem with your Internet connection or is the Router both a Modem and Router? Since nothing is getting internet, it really seems that you are not connecting to the Internet.

Is Dutch Telfort DSL, Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Is there a modem with your Internet connection or is the Router both a Modem and Router? Since nothing is getting internet, it really seems that you are not connecting to the Internet.

Is Dutch Telfort DSL, Cable?
    Thanks for your reply. It's a DSL connection, I've tried to connect by usig the regular ethernet but my Macbook won't even accept both ethernet cables I've got. I presume that I'm connecting to the internet though, since both the 'DSL' and 'Internet' lights are glowing constantly on my router. And the router is both modem and router to my believe!

Thread Information