New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Citrix login

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

T'Pring

T'Pring is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP '11

I have two Windows PCs that will allow me to log onto Citrix [through my work account], however, my MBP won't allow me on (to the same access level) -- does this sound like it is a problem with the MBP/Apple/Safari format issue or the settings through work?

It switches to a tab entitled, 'Client for Java Connection Center' and gives me an error msg stating, 'a local security certificate could not be loaded (error code 7).

----
P.S. Citrix is a site that allows access to various protected information.

---------------------
Love that trackpad!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You will need to get the citrix online plug in

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

You may be able to use either the Online PLugin or Citrix Receiver.

Since Citrix is not very clear in their marketing it can be easy to get confused as to which you need, want or can even use.

The Mac App store has a version of the Citrix Receiver which in it self is a bundle of Online Plugins.

There is also another Citrix Receiver client on the Citrix site v11.x that is also a bundle of plugins but a completely different product than that of the App Store due to Apple App Store policies.

The base online plug in is meant for browser access only and will allow you to launch Citrix apps from a published website.

I recommend the Receiver providing your existing Citrix infrastructure supports it. I think the only Citrix product that doesn't out of the box is Citrix Fundamentals.
QUOTE Thanks
T'Pring

T'Pring is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP '11

I thought Macs were supposed to be easier to use! Both my Windows machines downloaded the necessary software and got right in Citrix, No Problems at all.

---------------------
Love that trackpad!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Perhaps you businesses Citrix environment is older. Citrix had older ICA clients for Macs but they were not very slick.

You had to download an ICA file and then have it open with the ICA client to connect to the Citrix app.

If it is a more recent version of Citrix then the admin would need to enable the Java plug in order for it to work with Macs as the Native Plugin might still be an ActiveX control which does not work with Mac.

If it is a current version of Citrix then there should be a Mac plugin available from the companies Citrix site and it just needs to be installed and the site refreshed.

Macs are easy, Citrix is not. :-)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« No network found (all of a sudden) | Weird WiFi issue!? »