New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

buffalo NAS connection

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

migzy

migzy is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've taken the plunge and moved from the windows world to MAC, picked up my mac pro but i've noticed my buffalo NAS takes over 5 minutes to show up in finder, this is causing issues when running e.g. iTunes as the library is importing music from the NAS.

Is this a Lion bug or am i doing something wrong

thanks help most appreciated

Migzy
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Buffalo products are godawful.

That being said, is there any available firmware updates for the NAS?

Are you connecting to it via AFP or SMB?
QUOTE Thanks
migzy

linkstation duo nas is on the latest firmware 1.54,

i connected using smb 1st time round, ie. smb//192.168.0.6 but then the NAS popped up by itself in finder with the NAS name LS-WXL.

is there a proper procedure for permanent conenctions or it is just slow. A cooleague also advised to connect via the airport express as mac's are problematic when connecting to netgear routers
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

I would say five minutes is a long time to connect to anything, especially on the same LAN.

The buffalo site says that the device supports Time Machine so I gotta think it supports AFP.

Try connecting via AFP://ipaddress/share to see if the initial connection improves.

Otherwise you can use an Automator Application script to auto connect for you on login.
QUOTE Thanks
migzy

problem solved, delved into the buffalo settings a bit deeper, under network clicked on enable AFP, NAS shows up in finder every time after reboot no intervention required.

happy days, the speed it rocking as well.

thanks for ya help

migzy :-)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Airport Extreme again, or something else? | No network found (all of a sudden) »