New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Macbook Pro Causing Wireless Network Chaos

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ljnaum26

ljnaum26 is on a distinguished road

Hello
Im aware several macbook pro owners are having the dropping connection and slow connection issues etc.(Any solution to this yet?)
but mine is a bit more complicated.
I purchased my mbp about 8 months ago. it can not hold a solid connection at home. My router/modem is a 2wire provided by at&t.

Every time i connect internet browsing will be fine and then out of no where it quits. I will lose connection and when i try to reconnect it says timeout. Now just recently when i connect to my network it makes all the other devices lag and will make the wireless network just quit and the xbox's and other laptops will stall. ANY help will be appreciated.
I apologize if this question has been asked numerous times, i can change some settings if i need to but im not too advanced with this stuff.
Thanks again
QUOTE Thanks
Steviej893

Steviej893 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid '11 iMac 21.5", iPad 4 w/Retina Display 16GB, 13.3" MacBook Pro (Late '11) 500 GB HD, 2.4 GHz

I had the same issue. I read in another post something about iTunes being a culprit. The person who wrote the post went through a long series of steps that still didn't fully satisfy his issue. Here's what I've done and it works...exit iTunes if you're not using it. As soon as I did, my internet connection went right back to normal.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« losing my wifi signal (and my mind!!!) | Security Certificate for Facebook »