New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Network File Syncing to MBP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

laughjimbo

laughjimbo is on a distinguished road

I wonder if any can help me with this.
I am new to mac and loving it, I had iPhone, iPod and ipad2 and my wife and kids all have iPods. I mad the break from windows for my personal machine a couple of months ago and like I said am loving it.
Here is my question, I am about to purchase a 2tb Time Capsule to use as a backup for my mac and also to have a partition used as a file share area for pictures and files and iTunes. I have done this before but this is the main part of my question. I always like to keep everything on my mac/pc on a separate partition and keep my multimedia files there, I am currently do this but is there a program or app that will mirror/sync the network drive/TC to my mac either automatically or manually in both directions so that if I or anyone else has added to the network drive or to my mac sends it to the other once I am on my home network?
I only need it to sync to and from my mac not other machines.

Sorry for the long outdrawn question.

Laughjimbo
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

There are many solutions out there. This is just one: Mac App Store - Folder Sync

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Access certain folders only over local network | Help!? No IP/Self-assigned address. »