New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Migration assistant troubles!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr_Dre

Mr_Dre is on a distinguished road

Hi guys!

I've just replaced my old windows XP PC with a mac mini and i love it.

However, I'm having a problem with the migration assistant, the mac see's the PC and attempts to connect to it, saying i need to put in a pass code on the PC. The PC continually says "waiting for connection from a mac"

I don't know if the problem is the mac or the PC!

Both have the fire walls off and file sharing ON. The Mac is on a wireless connection but the PC is on a wired connection. does this make a difference?

Someone please help me!!!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dre View Post
Hi guys!

I've just replaced my old windows XP PC with a mac mini and i love it.

However, I'm having a problem with the migration assistant, the mac see's the PC and attempts to connect to it, saying i need to put in a pass code on the PC. The PC continually says "waiting for connection from a mac"

I don't know if the problem is the mac or the PC!

Both have the fire walls off and file sharing ON. The Mac is on a wireless connection but the PC is on a wired connection. does this make a difference?

Someone please help me!!!
Are you following these steps?
OS X Lion: About Windows Migration Assistant

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Mr_Dre

Mr_Dre is on a distinguished road

I followed it perfectly. It just stops at a certain part.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What files are involved with routing in Lion? | Server forum »