New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Any wireless routers that can handle a Mac and PC?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Atyukon/

Atyukon/ is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Air (Late 2010) 27.08 GB

My mother, the internet challenged person she is bought a cheap ASUS router. (according to her $150 is way to much for Wifi. )
It works fine with every thing. The PCs, Xbox, iPhone, and iPad.
Everything but my android and Mac, that is.

And despite her ranting on about how I have to go change some network settings on and something in safari, that I don't even use. My internet works at-least but not like it was before. I used to get 20 Fps when I would play games online. Now I get about 5. :T Yeah, ya got yerself a really top quality router there, bud. It takes about two too five minutes to pull up a webpage. It's one of the most bloody annoying thing I've stubbed upon in my life.

My android won't connect. Period. This isn't the best place to be talking about that thought. Anyways, Anyone know of a router that will keep my mother at bay and will let me use my Mac to it's full potential?

My favorite part of a chess game is when I break my opponent's ego. ♜
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

There is a member here at Mac Forums with an Asus router and they love it. I have read very good things about it. Maybe it's not configured properly. Who set it up?

Of the new N routers, the Airport Extreme is good as is the newest Dlink and I have heard good things about the top new Netgear also, but normally do not like Netgear routers.

I would stay away from Belkin. Had many issues with friends who bought them. That 3000 some Linksys is supposed to be an excellent Dual Band router also. A friend has it and loves it.

I have a funny feeling either she got a defective Asus router or it's setup wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
blairtechguy

blairtechguy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Xeon 6gb DDR2 1TB OSX Server

You may need to increase your DHCP client pool in the router. It has more than likely reached the maximum DHCP clients. It's not defective, and $150 is a bit steep to pay for a home wireless router.

Blair Technology Group - Mac System Administrator
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless network extension | Airport Extreme + MacBook Pro | Yellow icon in Airport Utility »