New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Cannot connect to wireless network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and never found a good answer for my question. I am a college student and 4 days a week I get on a certain wireless network in one of the buildings. I know its not password protected because I get on it everyday and all of my friends w/ laptops use it as well.

This morning I tried getting on that network and it kept giving me the error of, "unable to join wireless network PedResourceLibrary." I restarted several times and restarted my airport card several times and was unable to join the network. Well I really needed to get online so I walk over to the art school, my school, and got on their networks just fine. I am using it to type this thread.

This same kind of thing has happened to me before with a wireless network at a coffee shop I visit, but now at the coffee shop, the wireless always works. I dont think there is anything wrong with my airport card, I just think it wants to be difficult at times. I will retry the network again in a few hours when I get out of class, and if it starts working i'll let everybody know.

If it doesnt work, should I take my powerbook to the Apple Store and see what the genius bar has to say? It's just odd because it works fine for a long period of time, and has only messed up twice. Ive had my powerbook since late may.

Thanks in advance for any help.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I believe that you are now in that gray area. As for your system I don't think you have a problem.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice

Ok, update, I am now on that network that wasnt working earlier. I think my airport just wanted to be mean to me. Thanks for the reply though.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Are the networks in popular areas? The base station may have hit its maximum number of connected users.

Or maybe your AirPort card just wanted to be mean to you. That happens sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

Its not in a super populated area, its for a department of the school of music. Usually we have upwards of 6 laptops on it, plus whatever computers they are using in the lab. Im just glad it works now, if not, I would be screwed since I do a lot of work in there.
QUOTE Thanks
Merlinblack

could just have been a network problem at that time of day. Could anyone else get on then?

Also could have been a mean computer part :p
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Remote Login through Airport Express | school's wireless problem »