Chris200
    Powerbook & Verizon DSL
    Hi all, first time visitor and I'm looking for some advice on hooking up my PB G4 to Verizon DSL. So far, I haven't seen a way to make it wireless with any of the routers they mention. I do believe I can hardwire it though.

I just received my Airport Extreme Card, but I'm wondering if I even need that if there's no way for me to go wireless if I even by an Airport Base Station.

I'm very new to the world of Mac's, so any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    All you need to do is get a wireless router and connect it to your DSL modem. Once that is done a little tweaking of the configuration and you are good to go.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Chris200
    Quote Originally Posted by rman
    All you need to do is get a wireless router and connect it to your DSL modem. Once that is done a little tweaking of the configuration and you are good to go.
    Okay, so do you have a particular wireless router you would recommend or should I just go with the Base Station? Verizon's online help for Mac's is less than helpful.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You basically can use any wireless router. My son-in-law uses a dlink. So I connect through his. I have not researched them, so I can not a suggestion on which is better. Hopefully someone else, will be able to provide that.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information