New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

MCS Index

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

So I have a question. Why is it that when I option click the airport icon in 10.6.8 on my MBP - I can see the MCS index. When I do the same on the iMac also running 10.6.8 - I cannot. This has been true for 10.6.6, .7 as well.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Curious does it show up in About This Mac >More Info > Network > Airport ?
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
Curious does it show up in About This Mac >More Info > Network > Airport ?
Good question. Good enough for me to get up off the couch and go look - and with interesting results.

So - I bring up the System Profiler - and while it's coming up I option click the airport icon - just to make sure I wasn't going nuts and for a nanosecond I had an MCS value - and then it went away. Interestingly, sys profiler showed an mcs index value. I refreshed - it too went away. Never to be seen again. I couldn't get the MCS index to come back in either place. Very odd.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Yes very I am assuming you are only using wireless and don't have the ethernet plugged in. I just tried it on mine and it does not make a difference
it still shows an MCS value I wonder if something is corrupted.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Yes - wireless only. Do you have an iMac?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

No a MBP just curious why that info would not pull up.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
No a MBP just curious why that info would not pull up.
Same here!! Would be good to hear from other iMac owners to see if they've observed similar behavior.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Signal Issues | Full signal and IP but no internet »