06-18-2011, 02:52 PM #1
share 3G connection on iMac via Linksys router
- Member Since
- Jun 18, 2011
after reading many tutorials on the subject and not getting it to work on my system, I wanted to ask you guys if you could help me setup the following thing:
sharing an internet connexion from an huawei 3G stick plugged into my iMac via a Linksys router connected via ethernet to the same iMac.
I have tried like this:
- I connect the 3G stick into the mac and use the builtin software from my ISP to connect to internet (I basically enter a PIN and then click connect and I am online)
- then I go in "system > preferences > sharing" and then "internet connection"
- I select the connection from "Orange bla bla bla" (with is my ISP) and to "ethernet"
- then I go into "network" and I see the "Orange connection" from the 3G stick (with an IP like this one: 31.60.xxx.xxx)
- I go in "ethernet" and I try to configure it how I was adviced to (which seemed to work for others but not for me):
- I configure the ethernet to "manual", put an "IP" like this one 192.168.0.50, the "subnet mask" to 255.255.255.0, the "router" IP to 18.104.22.168 and the "DNS" servers to those that I found in the Orange connection under "advanced" (194.204.yyy.yyy and 194.9.yyy.yyy), then I hit save and go on with my Linksys router
- I first connect to it via its IP 192.168.1.1 and disable DHCP
- Then I connect it to the ethernet cable coming from my mac and here is my problem: it doesn't work
after trying various configurations (enabling DCHP on the router, adding the above DNS in the router configuration, etc), I cannot figure out what I doing wrong
Do you guys have a clue?
Thank you in advance for any help
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By gglmac in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 08-04-2010, 08:48 AM
By kper99 in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 7Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:35 PM
By firefghtr1911 in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 1Last Post: 08-15-2007, 03:15 PM
By ARC in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2007, 06:14 PM
By helduck in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 4Last Post: 07-09-2006, 03:33 PM