New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wifi issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

diarmuidz

diarmuidz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 10.6.7

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum - and apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong section! I am having trouble with my wifi connection and hoping someone here can alleviate my frustration.

I am using a Macbook running 10.6.7, and have never had issues with Airport or wifi before. However, since moving back home for the summer, I find that there is a connection issue. Everything will be working fine, and then all of a sudden my webpages don't load - I just get a blank screen for a minute, and then a "check your connection" error message. It happens in firefox, chrome and safari. The frustrating part is that skype still works fine, as does whatever torrent transfers I have in progress (I use Transmission). Additionally, my sisters PC laptop running windows 7 continues to work fine, as well as the two PC's connected via ethernet to the router.

The only thing that helps is unplugging the router (Linksys WRT54G). After I plug it back in, I get another hour or so of connectivity before it cuts out again, leaving me with skype and torrents, but no browsing. Why don't my macbook and router get along? How can I fix this? Any help would be extremely appreciated!
~Diarmuidz
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Moved to correct forum.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Start here:

Mac-Forums Blog » Networking » Wireless Networking FAQ

...and let us know how you make out.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox suddenly freezing after Airport update | Linking mobile phone to laptop for internet access »