New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

What's your internet speed?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac Math

Mac Math has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgeist View Post
How do you do it?
They use hax
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Tested three different nearby servers, all more or less the same. My landlord picks the internet plan, I don't have a lot of say, but I'm happy with this speed (would prefer 1Mbps upload, but oh well).
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

My workplace WiFi,

My home WiFi, it's really bad again

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
Mseg0110

Mseg0110 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13 Custom, iPhone 5, Apple TV

man, I do not like Australian speeds
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Hey, it's waaaay better than my home connection

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Math

Mac Math has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mseg0110 View Post

man, I do not like Australian speeds
Be happy my internet is based on this: click

"Run little fella RUN! Its a very big file!"
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Don't have a screenshot, but tested last night, after we received an email from Comcast that speeds had been bumped to 15Mbps. Tested against a server in western North Carolina (we're in western Virginia) we got DL of 22.9Mbps, UL 4.9Mbps.
QUOTE Thanks
hw96Lgb

hw96Lgb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Math View Post
Be happy my internet is based on this: click

"Run little fella RUN! Its a very big file!"
Now I feel a bit guilty about letting huge downloads run all night... squeak squeak

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot live in a cradle forever.
-Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, Father of Modern Rocketry
QUOTE Thanks
twitchymike@mac

twitchymike@mac has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: G4 + Mac Pro 8-core 6Gb

How do you post images on this site?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

^^^^^ when you click to reply (not quick reply)or create a new post scroll down some and click the "Manage Attachments" button and go from there, or use a image hosting site like Flikr, ImageShack or Skitch - Fast screen capture, image editing and sharing! ( I Like Using Skitch as screen Cap and image hosting all in one) and find the Direct Image LINK and then if you look above and see the little button that looks like a Mountain postcard . Click it and paste in the Copied Direct Link and vioal you will be right to go.

HTH

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

My new ISP. Loving it so far!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

I love Germany

Web Developer, Vegan & Tech geek. Berlin.
QUOTE Thanks
Tomel

Tomel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early 2011 MBP i5 2.3GHz 13" 8Gb Ram 120Gb SSD

Ping: 9 ms
Download: 30.78 Mbps
Upload: 22.99 Mbps
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Moved on the weekend and while it will take 3 weeks to get re connected im using my dongle :-(

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post

Moved on the weekend and while it will take 3 weeks to get re connected im using my dongle :-(
Still better than my connection. I'd actually love to have those speeds.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WiFi Extension Help | Ethernet switch to add to AirPort Extreme »