Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

120 down, 20 up.

Specs:
    24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1
    Here's mine:

I called Comcast today and they sent down a refresh signal, and per the tech's suggestion, I unplugged the comcast modem and then my Airport Extreme for a couple of minutes. Looking at Pine Tree14 above this post and that seems like he's got a T-10 connection LOL.

I don't think this is terribly fast but I do have the Comcast Triple Play and they said it includes some sort of booster. Looking at some of the numbers posted here I feel like my setup is "sluggish"? LOL Had to laugh this morning because the lady tech said she had no idea what Comcast used as a baseline guarantee. I'm in a neighborhood that has had underground wiring for 30 years now and supposedly it is fiberoptic. Other parts of my town are on telephone poles, don't know how to find out any more on speed.

In the house we have a 13 MBPro on wireless as well as a new iPad, plus two iPhones that are using the wifi. In addition, my wife's PC is a bit older so I think its a G... but I have it disabled and she's hard-wired just like my iMac and my Shuttle XPC are.
    Last edited by drgrafix; 02-20-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
    Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning

Specs:
    I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
    Just got BT infinity. It was 2.8GB down and 0.7GB up.
    Very happy now.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    You guys are fortunate. 7.78Mb/s rural Australia and no sign of improvement for a couple of years yet.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    These are my updated results with the switch to FiOS. I have the 50/25 package and I'm connecting to my AEBS over a WiFi connection..

--
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    You guys are fortunate. 7.78Mb/s rural Australia and no sign of improvement for a couple of years yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    These are my updated results with the switch to FiOS. I have the 50/25 package and I'm connecting to my AEBS over a WiFi connection..

Bloody hell Harry, thats not the best is it. And NBNCo says they aren't starting building in your area until 2016 NBNCo ~ Roll out Map of Nambucca Heads.

Raz0r Im hoping i will have those speeds within 12 months as the NBN (National Broadband Network) that is the Governments Fibre Optical promise is being built in my home town as i write and they reckon just after Xmas and ill have it in my home fingers crossed.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    Gotta hang on then Brent until I am darn near eighty lol!

NBN is at Coffs Harbour, 50 clicks north, and Macksville, 15 clicks south but in the middle three years before they start unless Tony tears it all down!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Cool
    Inner suburb of Melbourne. Quite happy with this speed.
    ]

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Gotta hang on then Brent until I am darn near eighty lol!

NBN is at Coffs Harbour, 50 clicks north, and Macksville, 15 clicks south but in the middle three years before they start unless Tony tears it all down!
    He is going to stuff it isn't he. Why on earth have FO all the way to the front yard then bottle neck it as it enters your home with the old copper. To save a couple of Billion thats why, and if thats so, why put it in in the first place.
    Im totally confused at this, and hope I'm in if he gets in

Now those speeds above is what ill be looking at in KA town of 5500
    Last edited by TattooedMac; 05-28-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

That would tick me off. I haven't opted for their "Quantum" upgrade offer yet, because I need to call them to negotiate my next 2 year contract (and they're going to throw that in for free, whether they know it now or not). But right now, those results are what I'm seeing with my 30Mb package.

Again, over WiFi:

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I've been receiving eMails and postal ads from Verizon for the Quantum upgrade. They claim it's only going to cost an additional $10 per month. Don't you believe it. By the time they add local, state, and federal taxes, that $10 becomes more like $20. Good luck on your next contract. I can't get Verizon to give anything for free around here, although they did upgrade my equipment to the latest and greatest. And actually that was done by a Verizon tech who just happened to be a good guy.

Specs:
    Well, I'm told that they compete pretty fiercely with Comcast in this area. So, we'll see. Frankly, I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep moving back to Comcast. If that's how they want to play, then I'm game.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    That would tick me off. I haven't opted for their "Quantum" upgrade offer yet, because I need to call them to negotiate my next 2 year contract (and they're going to throw that in for free, whether they know it now or not). But right now, those results are what I'm seeing with my 30Mb package.

Again, over WiFi:

I did try it with a hard connection to the FiOS router and I got well over 50/25 consistently, so that being the case and me getting 30 Mbps both ways through WiFi is perfectly fine with me..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    I did try it with a hard connection to the FiOS router and I got well over 50/25 consistently, so that being the case and me getting 30 Mbps both ways through WiFi is perfectly fine with me..
    Oh nice. Well, now all you have to do is get a real router and you'll be rocking! (with insincere apologies to AEBS users... )

Thread Information