New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport losing signal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

riegeronimo

riegeronimo is on a distinguished road

I have an airport express that i bought with my 14 inch ibook. So it is a few years old. recently i have been having trouble with it. music doesnt stream well to it, I wake up in the morning and have no bars and turn it on and off to make it work again. on top of that, my imac is upstairs and only a few months ago i would always get full bars, now sometimes i get only 1 or 2. could this be because my AE is getting old and is in need of an upgrade? i is getting a bit much having to restart it a few times a day. I have check other networks around there dont seem to be too many. any my cordless phone is unplugged, (though it has always been plugged in when i was getting full bars all the time. I am getting an apple tv soon, should be thinking about an upgrade?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

You could try another power supply I have seen them fail or it could be an internal cap
but this is what it sounds like.
QUOTE Thanks
riegeronimo

riegeronimo is on a distinguished road

meaning try pluggin it in somewhere else? problem with that is that it has to be near the internet plug (telephone line), which for me there is only one..
internal cap? what do i do about that?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File Sharing + Printer Sharing (Changed Network Name and File Sharing Was Lost) | i Cant connect to the Internet on Leopard ???? »