New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Wireless keeps cutting out?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Redbull

Hi,

I am currently using a Speedtouch 550 router from my Dell desktop so my PB could connect to it via wireless. When I start up my computer again after using the internet without any problems, my airport cuts me out from connecting to my speedtouch. Does anybody know why?

It's driving me mad!!

I have to keep fiddling around with it, then randomly it connects back!. It used to automatically connect, and now it won't.

Argh!

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I have noticed something in the past about if you don't have your computer to connect automatically. I would have my iBook connect to my wireless signal automatically, and the signal would reach to the end of the house just fine. However, when I didn't have my iBook connect automatically, the wifi signal in the same location would pretty much be nonexistent. I could be paranoid about this, but it might be the case, not sure.

To auto join, Sys. Pref., Network, under "Show:" select AirPort, under "By default, join:" select Preferred networks, then select the wireless network, then press the plus button.
QUOTE Thanks
i-VTEC

i-VTEC is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+

When I got my Mini I had that problem until I got this advice to change the Wireless Roter Channel and change Security from WEP to WPA...

Everything is smooth, connected and full strenght signal.
QUOTE Thanks
Redbull

Hi,

Thanks. Yes, it's a bit better now. Change it to prefered network and WPA. When I started up the machine, my airport regonised the wireless with full signal. But, the internet pages won't load unless I click it to ''Interfernce robustness'' which loads the page (It keeps returning to default settings everytime). Odd, I've never had to do that before, but now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Noob Home Network? | Beige G3 wireless options??? »