New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

problems with wireless printer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

davareeves

davareeves is on a distinguished road

ok, so i am not very technical, so i dont know if there is help for me here, lol....but i have a wireless printer, it used to work wirelessly through my mac perfectly (version 10.6.6, if that matters). when it worked i had a windows desktop that the printer was directly connected to. i sold the desk top and am using nothing but my laptop now, but once i took the desktop out i am not able to use the printer wirelessly anymore. i have to use a usb cable. i have spent hours trying to figure out what to do to make it work wirelessly again but have gotten no where. i have a lexmark pro 700 series printer, and a d-link extreme giga bit router (dir655b1?) i can plug the usb straight into the the router, which is what one person told me to do, but my computer still will not connect to the printer when not plugged in straight to the printer with the usb, the printer is saying it is connected to my network though. just cant get the computer to see the printer. so yeah, i have no clue where to go or how to fix this, the lexmark website and trouble shooting forums are no help, they just say to type in the printer address in the system preferences print and fax area and then hit enter, but my computer still finds nothing. well maybe it finds something, it does show the printer icon, but says its in use. does any one know whats going on and maybe can possibly explain how to fix it in laymen's terms for me?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

OK...... a few carridge returns wouldn't be unwelcome in such a long post

Just so we know what you've tried....
- Delete/uninstall the printer from your Mac.
- Put the driver CD in. Once the disc loads you'll get an option to install.
- Choose the wireless option and enter your SSID and network key/password when prompted - these are case sensitive
- Treat it as though you've just got the printer out-of-the-box. Don't keep any existing settings.

Post back with the results.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Printing from Mac or PC? | Computer to Computer Network (please help) »