New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

My macbook pro cant connect to the internet at my house...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

evanwong

evanwong is on a distinguished road

I just got my macbook pro yesterday and i have never used a mac before.
Soon i realized that it doesn't connect to the internet at my house. so i went to starbucks and it worked there. I called apple for help and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Then i called my internet server which is maplenet, they told me they dont know much about mac...
So basically it just tells me that there isn't ip address, so i tried to type my ip address by hand and it didn't work either. and when i go to network diagnostics, at the left there is that network status thing, and only the top 2 lights are green, and the rest are red. I tried ethernet too, and it was the same.... so if you have any idea what i should do, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me! Thank you so much!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

Can you give us some more information...

What model router do you have?

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
evanwong

evanwong is on a distinguished road

well i dont know much about computers
i have DSL, and what else do you want to know?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need advice to maximize broadband wireless strength on VirginMedia superhub | Can a hacker get into your computer if they have your ISP or IP address? »