New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bcren

I just got an Airport Express today to hook up my stereo to. I bought it strictly for that. I already have a Linksys router running my wireless.

Anyhow, I "installed" a.k.a. pluged it and followed the directions to the book and got it working to some extent. I can play music through iTunes but it will cut out after 30 seconds or so. Also, it seems to be interfering with my Comcast. I'm not sure what to do. The Airport Express is placed maybe 5 feet from my desk and about 3 feet next to the router and cable modem.

Any suggestions?

-b
QUOTE Thanks
macguy.nielsen

Have you looked at the Apple.com support yet? I'm no expert at wireless networking or with the Airport Express but I have heard that you can change the channel signal so that it doesn't interfere with other wireless devices. Most likely its just an interference between different wireless devices. I hope that helps a bit... :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

I just got one too and set it up just like yours, to play music. Mine's good but when I installed it I noticed that Apple wanted to install a firmware update. Did you do that? Furthermore the CD that came with my AE was obsolete. The latest version is 4.2. The Airport Setup Assistant is in the utilities folder.
QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcren
Any suggestions?

-b
As badmojo suggested, make sure the firmware and software version is up to date and go from there.

Do you have any 2.4GHz wireless phones in the vicinity? I had a problem with that interrupting my wireless network whenever somone got on the phone or when it rang, so I upgraded them to an expandable 5GHz set and it solved the problem.

r/
-IanCT
QUOTE Thanks
Jammers

Jammers is on a distinguished road

Don't install version 6.2 - it doesn't work - The internet just packs up with it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WPA problems | Setting up my home network? »