Question cannot, in any way, tried every option, get airport extreme working
    hello people. i have a huge problem. i recently purchased an airport extreme base station, in order to actually have wifi that traveled through more than 1 wall. so i buy apple, because it is the best.

then, i get home, and days later, i still have no wifi. i have tried almost every configuration possible, including bridge mode, dhcp, and a few others as well.

i am very experianced with android and linux systems, but this little thing has got me beat. can anybody help me?

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    The base station is just another router and all have their faults being intricate FREDS!
    Problem sounds like in the set up. What Airport Card/computer are you using?
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!
    Can you please give us more info? First, how is everything connected up? What internet do you have? It should have a modem. Is that plugged into the right port in the back of the Airport Extreme? Are you using the Airport Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder to set it up? Tell us exactly what you are doing with the settings.

Does it work as a Wired router and is it only the Wireless that you are having issues with? Are you using this as a router plugged into your DSL/Cable modem or just a WiFi Access point? What other equipment is connected to the AE?

With that info we can better help you.

Thread Information