Question cannot, in any way, tried every option, get airport extreme working
    hello people. i have a huge problem. i recently purchased an airport extreme base station, in order to actually have wifi that traveled through more than 1 wall. so i buy apple, because it is the best.

then, i get home, and days later, i still have no wifi. i have tried almost every configuration possible, including bridge mode, dhcp, and a few others as well.

i am very experianced with android and linux systems, but this little thing has got me beat. can anybody help me?

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB PCI-e storgae StOS X.13.3
    The base station is just another router and all have their faults being intricate FREDS!
    Problem sounds like in the set up. What Airport Card/computer are you using?
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.13 iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.13 , iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 5s,
    Can you please give us more info? First, how is everything connected up? What internet do you have? It should have a modem. Is that plugged into the right port in the back of the Airport Extreme? Are you using the Airport Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder to set it up? Tell us exactly what you are doing with the settings.

Does it work as a Wired router and is it only the Wireless that you are having issues with? Are you using this as a router plugged into your DSL/Cable modem or just a WiFi Access point? What other equipment is connected to the AE?

With that info we can better help you.

Thread Information