New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Internet speed good - browsers painfully slow

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

twhitenack

twhitenack is on a distinguished road

Ran a speed test and the results seem to show that my internet speed is pretty good (http://www.speedtest.net/result/925677007.png), however, on any browser that I use on either of the computers connected to my wireless internet are extremely slow all of a sudden (within the last month). Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

How full is your hard drive?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Moved to appropriate forum.

Since the slowdowns are occurring on more than one machine attached to the same wireless network, it could be a DNS problem. (Unless like chas mentioned your hard drives are close to being filled up)

You didn't mention anything else about hardware or other details, but you might want to take a look at your DNS setting. You have a fast connection but that doesn't mean much if the DNS server your ISP is using has recently changed or is having difficulty keeping up with traffic.
QUOTE Thanks
twhitenack

Thanks

I have plenty of HD capacity - only using 104gb/595gb

How would I go about checking for a DNS problem?
QUOTE Thanks
twhitenack

When I log into Citrix and use the browser (IE) through Citrix, it works well and is 10x faster than the browsers on my desktop. Does that make sense?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« plug one router into another? | Help! Internet woes... »