New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport Express is playing around

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mr_tob

mr_tob is on a distinguished road

You guys are my last chance! After reading numerous posts on mac forums all over the world this will be my last try in order to avoid buying a new Airport Express Base Station.

Here's my problem - that is a well known problem according to many other mac forums (the solution isn't though...):

My Airport Express (AP) is turning invisible time by time. One day it shows, the next it doesn't. And it doesn't matter if I'm trying to use it as a client or when creating a new network.
The problem is some times solved by restarting the AP or one of the macbooks I'm trying to access it from. The strange thing is that my Iphone 3GS can always find the AP - also when the macbooks can't.
I have tried all good things - restarting, resetting, applying other channels, other codes, software updates, etc. - anything you can think of. And still nothing works.

What I find strange is that I know the AP is working since my Iphone will always find it. Of course the AP Utility also has problems finding the AP but this is solved by either using a wire or by restarting 1-100 times - once it will show at least for a few minutes, hours or even an entire day.

Come on guys - help me on this one!!!

Thanks in advance.

/Tobias, Denmark
QUOTE Thanks
mayflyTR

mayflyTR is on a distinguished road

do you connect the macbooks to any other wireless networks?
QUOTE Thanks
mr_tob

Sorry, forgot to explain that. Yes, I have no problems with any other wireless network including any airport express network.
QUOTE Thanks
mayflyTR

mayflyTR is on a distinguished road

check out this other forum thread, seems to be a similar problem...
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/air...y-macbook.html
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

How far from the Airport Extreme are the Laptops? If the iPhone 3gs is seeing the SSID then I doubt it's the AE causing the issue. If it were hiding it's SSID then it would be that way for anything that tried to find it.
QUOTE Thanks
mr_tob

@ mayfly TR - I already read that post but as you may also have noticed the solution wasn't found. I tried doing what the solutions could be but still no positive outcome.

@ dtravis 7 - The labtops are very close (in the same range as the Iphone) to the AP. So this would probably not be the problem. It doesn't help moving them from one location to another...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trouble accessing router configurations | Wireless Backup Engima? »