New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Who's heard of the WaiMAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wifiguy

I'm interested in the WaiMAC USB2 802.11b/g wifi scanner/network adapter. Has anyone used it? Is 5dbi better than the builtin ibook antenna?

It cost allot but I am tired of lifting up the keyboard on my ibook to use my external antenna to catch those hard to reach hotspots.
their website is www.wifijp.com
QUOTE Thanks
Reflow

Reflow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifiguy
I'm interested in the WaiMAC USB2 802.11b/g wifi scanner/network adapter. Has anyone used it? Is 5dbi better than the builtin ibook antenna?

It cost allot but I am tired of lifting up the keyboard on my ibook to use my external antenna to catch those hard to reach hotspots.
their website is www.wifijp.com
I never hear of it before, but 5dbi should pick up any wireless signal better then the ibook. Let us know what the out come is if you do buy it. I'm very interested in it also but I don't really need it yet.. Keep us posted

[
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Sorry, couldn't resist
http://www.waimac.org.nz/
Best.

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks
wifiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflow
I never hear of it before, but 5dbi should pick up any wireless signal better then the ibook. Let us know what the out come is if you do buy it. I'm very interested in it also but I don't really need it yet.. Keep us posted
Well I got it 30 minutes ago. Installed the CD. It uses a control panel inside the system preferences. It's scanning response is faster than macstumbler. Almost instant. Looks better than the picture. Chrome plated on the botton and Ibook white on top. so far so good. I'll play with it some more and upload a pic when I get home. bty I am in Wendys in Shibuya Tokyo Japan. using it.. F;;kin A!
QUOTE Thanks
Reflow

Reflow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifiguy
Well I got it 30 minutes ago. Installed the CD. It uses a control panel inside the system preferences. It's scanning response is faster than macstumbler. Almost instant. Looks better than the picture. Chrome plated on the botton and Ibook white on top. so far so good. I'll play with it some more and upload a pic when I get home. bty I am in Wendys in Shibuya Tokyo Japan. using it.. F;;kin A!
Dam, I didn't know Wendy’s had wifi. I just seen the other day that MacDonald’s now has it also :biohazard. Can you post some screen shots of it

[
QUOTE Thanks
wifiguy

Wendys doesn't I was getting it from a hotspot two buildings away.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Vnc | Mixed platform network setup...not the usual! »