Improve your 802.11n speeds using WPA2 vs. WPA/WEP
    This pretty much floored me. You get the maximum possible wireless transfer rates on an 802.11n router simply with your security settings using a WPA2 password vs. the others.
    Is your 802.11n Wi-Fi feeling sluggish? This simple solution could help | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Thanks for the article. The problem we have around here using Verizon FIOS is that Verizon supplies a specialized router that not only serves WiFi to the computer, but it also acts as a WiFi broadcaster for FIOS TV service. Without that WiFi signal to the cable box, you lose video on demand and the entire on screen schedule lineup. Their routers will only allow WEP or WPA. By default WEP is turned on using a hex alpha numeric array. They even supply a sticker on the bottom of the router giving that array.

Lousy setup but FIOS is great for speed and bandwidth. Kind of a trade off.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Thanks for the article. The problem we have around here using Verizon FIOS is that Verizon supplies a specialized router that not only serves WiFi to the computer, but it also acts as a WiFi broadcaster for FIOS TV service. Without that WiFi signal to the cable box, you lose video on demand and the entire on screen schedule lineup. Their routers will only allow WEP or WPA. By default WEP is turned on using a hex alpha numeric array. They even supply a sticker on the bottom of the router giving that array.

Lousy setup but FIOS is great for speed and bandwidth. Kind of a trade off.
    That sucks. I can say that this tip seems to have worked out for me. I was having a lot of choppy streaming of some videos from one computer to Plex on my Mac mini HTPC beforehand. Afterwards, smooth as silk. Amazing, but I'll take it!

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information