New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Airport constantly dropping out !! :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

riquier

riquier is on a distinguished road

Hi there.

For some reason, my airport wireless connection on my macbook pro 13 is constantly dropping out with only certain routers. This happens like every 5 minutes in my working place.

turning off and turning on airport doesn't solve the problem.
the only way I'm able to reconnect is by choosing a different wireless network that happens to be open and unprotected (otherwise I wouldn't know the password). I need to choose this network, let it settle and then choose my work's network again. that is the ONLY way I get to reconnect again.

Funny thing is, this only happens in certain places such a this one. and even weirder is the fact that my colleague, which is using a pc, never experiences this kind of problem. Me, on the other hand, not only experience it with my macbook but also with my ipod touch !

Guess this router is not very fond of apple ?

I really don't know what do. This also happened with my previous white macbook..

thanx a lot !

Ricardo
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Note: Moved to appropriate forum.
QUOTE Thanks
Surfsup

Surfsup is on a distinguished road

G'Day Ricardo,

I was having similar problems with my new iMac when connecting to the internet via a LinkSys wireless router. The connection just kept dropping out every 5 minutes or so.
I followed various suggestions from this and other such forums, but all without success (changing channel number, using WPA, and so forth).
I spoke with Apple support on 3 occasions and tried heaps of suggestions, all without success.
In the end I bought a Time Capsule, plugged it in and within 5 minutes had a constant internet connection, a wireless network for home, a backup disk and enabled wireless printing to an old canon printer. All in all a good result (it was worth paying the extra for the TC so as not to experience the frustrations with the LinkSys router).
I was hoping to get a solution without having to dig deeper into my pocket, but after trying lots of suggestions, nothing seemed to work.
The TC solved it all though and I have been dropout free for the past 5 weeks.
Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intermittent Connection to (WDS) Airport Express | wireless repeater , one SSID »