New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Network printing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Hello all,

i just got an old apple personal laserwriter 300 printer. I installed it on one of my macs, and i want to be able to share the printer over a network with my other mac and a PC.

Can someone tell me how to do this??
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

What Mac are you running the Personal Laserwriter 300 on? I have one of them I got at a Thrift store. Have it on OS9 on a 7600 with a sonnet G3 card. What OS you running on the Mac the printer is hooked to?-

My PL300 uses the old Mac round serial port so I am figuring you are using it on an older Mac with serial ports. If you are running OS9 I would try using Apple Talk for connecting with your other Macs. The PC is another story. I tried to find Postscript drivers for the PL300 and OSX but gave up, so went with OS9 as there are drivers.

Let me know what you are using there and I will try to help you.
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

Hey, thanks for the reply!

The Personal LW 300 is on a Powermac 6500: It has os 9.1, 4gb hard drive, 96mb ram, and it is 250 mhz. It would be neat if i could print to it through the PC, but i don't know how to!

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Got it! How to keep it? | Cant get access to my Mac through FTP »