New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

macOS X and windows 2003 standard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mbastoni

hi, i'm new on this forum... i havt this problem. in my lan there is 4 pc (win XP), one server Windows Server 2003 Standard and 1 mac, Powerbook G4: it's operating system is Mac OS X 10.3.
My server is a domain controller and we have a domain. all pc are into the domain but G4 doesen't work.
I've activated Active directory optin in Utility - directory access: i can view, in network browsing, the line miodominio.lan, but i can not browsing server's resources (drives, shared folders and so on...) what's the problem? I mus enable sometings on my server? please help me, tanks a lot!!

Marco
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Try adding the server tho the Netinfo database under Machines.

Open Netinfo and authenticate. Select machines > broadcasthost and then duplicate.
Change the ip to your server ip, and name to servername including the .lan if that's what it is. Leave network alone. Make sure to save changes and update.

When you join AD in OS X it's just your computer account that is created. In order to access shares you'll need to either turn off smb signing in group policy or install Microsofts UAM on the Mac which installs the NTLMv2 encryption.

People have sung the praises of UAM but you may have varied results. The reason for the Netinfo change is so the Mac can resolve the servers name to ip. There are other W2k3/Mac threads open right now. Take a look.
QUOTE Thanks
slspyker

Hi MacsWork,

Thanks for your assistance, but I am still having trouble finding even what you mention in V.10.2.8. Do you know of anything specific I can do to get connected to the Win 2003 Server? I can see all my other network PCs just not the domain controller. Nor can I connect to the Terminal Services to create a VPN connection.

I'll keep looking, but your help would be appreciated.

Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsWork
Try adding the server tho the Netinfo database under Machines.

Open Netinfo and authenticate. Select machines > broadcasthost and then duplicate.
Change the ip to your server ip, and name to servername including the .lan if that's what it is. Leave network alone. Make sure to save changes and update.

When you join AD in OS X it's just your computer account that is created. In order to access shares you'll need to either turn off smb signing in group policy or install Microsofts UAM on the Mac which installs the NTLMv2 encryption.

People have sung the praises of UAM but you may have varied results. The reason for the Netinfo change is so the Mac can resolve the servers name to ip. There are other W2k3/Mac threads open right now. Take a look.
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice

Modify Group Policy in the domain.

Start>Run>type gpedit.msc then hit enter

I believe its a computer configuration>windows settings>security settings>ip security policies

disable the three policies to enable the make to see the W2K3 shares.
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

You may have to edit group policy through AD,..I don't remember.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Heat Affect Strength Signal? | Wifi problems, w/ powerbook »