New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Cant get access to my Mac through FTP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CowellProdigy

Im trying to link up my Mac to my PC using FTP. Im using FlashFXP on my PC and when I connect to the Mac it connects but then after a few seconds it says USER anonymous then 530 User anonymous unknown then connection failed.

The Mac and the PC are connected via ethernet cable to a router.

Is this because my Mac doesn't like anonymous users? Is there a setting on the Mac where you can allow anonymous users?

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Most likely the anonymous user account is not defined.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

If you are using the default ftp server on the Mac you need to use accont credentials that exist on the mac. I've created an account in sys prefs that is called ftp w/ pass specifically for this. You may want to install a different ftp server to use with OS X like Pure-FTP which uses sftp or secure ftp. If you're just using it on your LAN then the OS X default should serve your purpose.

When connecting via windows you need to provide valid user/pass credentials that exist on your Mac and should be sharing just fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Network printing | Airport Extreme POE »