New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

setting up network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BzNz

im looking to setup a network between a mac in my room and a pc into another room. im not sure what i need to buy or do so anything would help me
i would rather have a wireless network as i want to keep things together and tidy.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

all you need is a wireless router, and a wireless card in both machines. once you have that, set it up is easy, cable connection to adsl modem,ethernet cable from modem to wireless router, thats it for hardware setup.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

as stated above it is easy....
What are the specs of the mac for some macs come equpt with the wireless / "airport"/"airport extreme" card
QUOTE Thanks
CowellProdigy

Well Im not finding it easy at all, I can't even connect to my pc because the server refuses the connection, when i connect to my pc through my mac, and when I try with my pc, the mac doesn't like anonymous users and wont let me connect.

Its all too stressful!!
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

it shouldn't be a problem, as long as sharing is on on both machines, appletalk on on the mac, can you access the internet on either?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac filtering on Airport Extreme Base Station | Stupid Question! »