New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

My airport is not working at home

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zukermaister

zukermaister is on a distinguished road

Hello
I cannot connect to my airport at home. I can connect everywhere else but it seems impossible to connect there. Here are some screenshots of what appears to be the problem, it something related to the IP address, what can I do?
Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (104.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png Picture 2.png (12.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: png Picture 3.png (78.7 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks
kbOx

kbOx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air - 128 GB SSD, 2.13GHz intel duel core, 2GB Ram

have you tried turning your router off and on?

Follow me on Twitter for iPhone news: @iph0ne
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Do any other computers at home work on your wireless network...or just this laptop (I'm assuming it's a laptop since you haven't told us).

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

You need to provide us with hardware information before we can adequately offer help. What version of OS X are you running? Are you using a router? Cable modem?

You've definitely got some strange settings for the iPv4 address and also the iPv6 address. I've never seen those addresses before...

Where it says "Configure iPv6 address", set it to automatic. Also make sure your router is using DHCP and obtaining an IP address automatically.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
zukermaister

zukermaister is on a distinguished road

Yes it is a laptop. PoweBook G4 running Mac OS X (version 10.4.11)
All the other computers in my house are working (laptops and desktops), its only this laptop that isn't working. I am actually using it right now from school and it runs perfectly.
I am pretty sure it is a problem with the laptop because everything else in the house is working very well.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Usually when you get a self assigned IP address it means that you connect to a network but you can't get to a dhcp server.

I've seen this happen in stuff like connecting to an open network but you need to login like in a hotel.

The second place I've seen this occur is with extenders that fall off the network. For example, I have an airport express that keeps dropping off the network but is still setup as a repeater. A computer will connect to the express but since it is off the main network the computer never gets a proper IP address and can't really connect to the network.

The third place I have seen this is if your wireless security isn't setup. I.E. you try to log into a network and you have the proper password so it connects, but you have MAC address filtering on - so you aren't allowed to get an IP address, or vice versa.

It looks like you are trying to connect through wifi - have you tried wired connection first to see if that works. If it does - look to authentication or a bad repeater. If that is all valid, it could be you need an update. For example your computer is a G4 which is pretty old - are you sure it supports the wireless security you have on your router?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« usb hard drive sleep on airport ext base station | Airport will not connect to open WiFi network »