New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

ReadyNAS Duo with two 2TB WD Drives

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Backhertz

I have reached the no mas stage with using a D-Link DNS-323 for Time Machine on my MacBook running Snow Leopard. I have been getting Error Codes 45 when I enable Time Machine, but something different started happening where it appeared like a desktop of the Milky Way appeared, with Cancel button on the left bottom, Restore on the lower right and a bar on the right side with today.

I don't have enough time to spend another few hours on this. So I'm considering a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo. It looks like it will work easier with Time Machine. But will it use two 2TB Western Digital hard drives? I tried looking for firmware drivers & saw nothing which indicated if those drives will work.

The D-Link DNS-323 permitted me to Raid 0, 1, stand alone & JOBD- just one big drive. Will a ReadyNAS permit me to go with separate drives(volumes) ?

Thanx
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Another no internet connection problem | Mac Mini as a private hosting server, but how? »