New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

wireless

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mohamed5006

Mohamed5006 is on a distinguished road

Hi
I want to ask about how the computer or laptop can understands the signals of the wireless
Could anyone help me?
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

blackmac11 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

This will explain it better then I can:

How Does WiFi Work? | eHow.com

l
Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Mohamed5006

thanx alot
yea i know that but how it All works ?
how the signals know pc or laptop?
how the connection established
Could u help me?
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC

The wifi signal is the same for the PC and a laptop because they both use a wireless card to pick up wifi signals. The internet goes from a modem to a wireless router, which is then transmitted through the air for a certain distance. The wireless card in a computer will detect the signal, and if you tell it to connect, will establish a link between the computer and the wireless router. Apple has a video on their website that explains it in more detail:

Apple: Wireless Basics

Hope this answers your question

l
Ill keep it short and sweet Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. -Monty Burns
QUOTE Thanks
Mohamed5006

Thanx alot
The vedio is so great & wonderful .
i mean wz ma questions how wireless card in Pc or laptop established alink
I want to know to configure this establistion
Could u help me?
QUOTE Thanks
blackmac11

Sorry, I don't know the exact details on how it works. I'm sure a few minutes of searching the web will give you much more detail though

l
QUOTE Thanks
licekwallion

licekwallion is on a distinguished road

Its been quite general question been asked these days.. !! WiFi is the future .. !! but its all communication technology .. As a receiver, synchronisation and magnetic field and lot more.. please go through all the URLs already been provider\d by our dear folks those were very nice..!!

Regards,
Wallion.

QUOTE Thanks
Mohamed5006

thanx both of u
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disable LAN ports | Suddenly I have network issues »