New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

airport express cutting in and out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Hanyoung

Just got an airport express so I could stream music wirelessly to the living room.

The first unit played great for about 40 minutes, then would randomly stop from anywhere of 2 - 30 minutes, and play again. At that time, the green light stayed on continuously.

I thought it was a defective unit, but the second one does the same!

The airport express is only about 10 feet physically away from the mac.. although it is through walls and plugged in a surge protector with other electrical equipment. I'd like to keep it in it's location.. any ideas or people with similar problems?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Here is my guess. Do you have a wireless phone in the area of the airport express?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Hanyoung

I have one about twenty feet away from the airport express, and another wireless about five feet away from the mac. There seems to be no correlation to when I get a phone call though. Could this be the problem? And if so, should I move the one close to the mac or the one closer to the airport.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

are they 2.4 Ghz phones?

QUOTE Thanks
Hanyoung

yup!
I've moved my speakers and airport express. The mac still is close to the base station, but the express is a little farther from the accessory handset. So far, no interruptions (crosses fingers.)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wifi Dilema | Monitoring tools! »