airport express cutting in and out
    Just got an airport express so I could stream music wirelessly to the living room.

The first unit played great for about 40 minutes, then would randomly stop from anywhere of 2 - 30 minutes, and play again. At that time, the green light stayed on continuously.

I thought it was a defective unit, but the second one does the same!

The airport express is only about 10 feet physically away from the mac.. although it is through walls and plugged in a surge protector with other electrical equipment. I'd like to keep it in it's location.. any ideas or people with similar problems?

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Here is my guess. Do you have a wireless phone in the area of the airport express?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

I have one about twenty feet away from the airport express, and another wireless about five feet away from the mac. There seems to be no correlation to when I get a phone call though. Could this be the problem? And if so, should I move the one close to the mac or the one closer to the airport.

Near San Diego, CA
    MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
    are they 2.4 Ghz phones?

I've moved my speakers and airport express. The mac still is close to the base station, but the express is a little farther from the accessory handset. So far, no interruptions (crosses fingers.)

Thread Information