New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

Slow performance connecting to W2K3 Shares

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jko

jko is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Here is my configuration:
I have a brand new iMac i7! I also have a W2K3 server where I store video files including HD.

I have successfuly setup the connection to my Windows shares from my iMac. No problems, it's working fine expect the bandwith.

I am getting less than 15 MB/sec! I have everything on a gigabit lan with gigabit switch. If I replace the iMac with a laptop, then I have more than 400 MB/sec!

What's the problem? Could not find any reason to that. Any help?

Many thanks
jko
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Router tp-link wr641g Giving me problems | Bridged router doesn't pass through DHCP address »