New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Internet, Networking, and Wireless Discussion of networking, internet, and wireless including Apple's Airport products.

direct2drive download issues...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

daysaway

daysaway is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased Dragon Age: Origins for my unibody macbook pro. I purchased from direct2drive. I have purchased a couple games from there before and everything worked great, but I'm having MAJOR issues with this download.

I've tried several times to download (8 times actually) the .dmg file and my download stops at 8% or the 717MB mark... EVERY single time. Never can get past this point. I'm trying everything I can to make this work but nothing has helped. I've reset the router, unplugged power to the router, reset my computer, cleared my downloads folder, used multiple browsers, tried only using wireless, tried only using ethernet. The customer service there has NOT been helpful at all, they just repeat everything on their FAQ and will not refund my money or send me a physical copy of the game.

So I would love any suggestions you all might have for my problem. Also, I'm using a 2wire 2701HG-D router and our DSL is through Qwest.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

How did you pay for your download? If you used a credit card, notify your credit company by filing a "merchandize not received" refund request. Your credit card company (if approved) will debit the cost back to direct2drive.

As an alternative, have a friend or someone you can trust, attempt the download for you on a different machine using a different ISP. If the download is successful, you'll know something is wrong on your end.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
rzj90059

rzj90059 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS

Does your internet still work after it stops? Try a different computer

Tech Inventory:
uMBP 15.4" 2.4 Ghz/4GB RAM/250 GB, uMBP 13.3" 2.53 Ghz/4GB RAM/500 GB, iPhone 4 (Black), iPhone 3GS (Black)
QUOTE Thanks
daysaway

daysaway is on a distinguished road

Yes, the internet never stops working. I was thinking about trying to download it to my parents PC but don't know how I would transfer the .dmg file. It's a 8.7GB file.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless Printer help | AirPort Extreme --> Port Forwarding 4 NAS »